KevinFords

UK Book Club Reads

I'd Kill for You

I'd Kill for You - Alan Plessinger List the characters and describe them. This book had an array of characters. Upon dissecting the story, I don't think (and other book club members agree with me) there was one too many characters. Although this added a little spice to the story, it does become confusing to the reader. So, I'll list my favourite set of characters and these were people at the detective agency - Adam, Charlie, Clyde, Gabe and Riley.

What was the mystery? At a glance, the story is about Lisa and her missing mother. But as you pay more attention to the details, the reader realises the story isn't about one mystery. It is about all the mysteries (missing persons) that the detective agency investigates. Hence, a lot of time and effort goes into describing these interactions and exploring their angles on the case their case.

What problems does one of the characters have? Lisa runs away to New York to find her mother. When she arrives, in the hope of seeking clarity, her mother is missing and there are more questions than answers. Lisa is a somewhat multi-dimensional character and the author does a wonderful job in making readers think she is the central part of the story.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.